Flyers & Newsletters
Rockford Public Schools uses a digital flyer management system called Peachjar.
Families receive flyers via email or can click on the button below.
Feb. 15, 2023
RPS 205 families,
Student attendance zones will change in the upcoming school year for Conklin, McIntosh, Welsh and West View elementary school families. That means students who attend these four schools might be assigned to a new school for the 2023-24 school year.
Conklin Elementary School will be home to a new special program and choice for RPS 205 families. The International Baccalaureate (IB) Candidate School at Conklin is open to students who currently live within the boundaries for Conklin, McIntosh, Welsh and West View. Attendance zones for McIntosh, Welsh and West View must shift to absorb the Conklin attendance zone.
Principals will share details with families affected by the boundary changes in the coming days. Letters with specific school assignments for the 2023-24 school year will be sent in March. Review these maps:
- New boundaries for the 2023-24 school year
- Comparison of the current zone vs. 2023-24 school year boundaries
Interactive maps that illustrate the new zones will be updated by the end of February: rps205.mapmyschools.com/Locator. Please note that not all students/families will be affected by the elementary zone change, and this change does not affect middle or high school attendance zones.
Options for the 2023-24 school year:
- All K-4 students currently assigned to McIntosh, Welsh and West View can apply by March 10 to attend the new IB Candidate School at Conklin. Current K-4 Conklin families can apply by March 1. Learn more.
- Families who have already applied for the IB program at Conklin, have attended orientation and have received a confirmation letter can disregard this message.
- Current fourth grade students at McIntosh, Welsh and West View can choose to stay at their current school for fifth grade; however transportation will not be provided, according to School Board policy. Please contact the Welcome Center staff for more information or call 815-967-8070.
What’s next: Changing attendance boundaries is always a challenge. While we are excited to offer a new IB Candidate School for families, change can be difficult, especially when students and families love their school. Principals will continue to collaborate to support students and families. Look for upcoming communication, school tours and meetings to ensure families are familiar with their new school assignment for the upcoming school year.
Mike Phillips, Chief Operations Officer
Morgan Gallagher, Chief of Schools